Wednesday, September 13, 2006

Firefighters Memorial



Our company boat is down at North Cove Marina which is right at Ground Zero. I've been down there countless times in the last two years and always walk past the hole when the towers once stood. I've kind of gotten used to it. That all changed yesterday, the day after the five-year mark of the attacks. Tributes were everywhere-pictures, flowers, handwritten notes, you name it. To me the FDNY Memorial was most powerful. There were many rubbings from the memorial that included all the names of the firefighters lost with notes from children, wives, fathers and mothers, husbands, etc. It was very moving and I wished I had photographed it but I was almost in a daze as I looked at it. It felt as if I were among ghosts. Above are a few pics I found online.

1 comment:

Bu-sister said...

Thank you, I like your writing....