Saturday, March 10, 2007

il laboratorio del gelato


I have been raving about il laboratorio del gelato for a long time, ever since I wandered past the Orchard Street location a few years back and peered into the "laboratory." At that point I had never been to Italy, and friends would always rave about the Italians' superior-tasting gelato. That summer day on Orchard a friend and I sampled several of the available flavors and were floored with the ingenuity, freshness, and incredible taste of its creations: Flavors like wasabi, black sesame, black mission fig, and cheddar cheese, ingredients that one would think were not suited for gelato became delicious treats. I’ve been to Italy since dear reader, and have had gelato up and down the country's south-central coast, and they’ve got nothing on this place. I haven't been down to the Lower East Side locale in a bit, but just found out several flavors are available at Whole Foods at Union Square. Sweet!

No comments: